Saturday, November 3, 2007

What Is Your Favorite Song About Autumn?

http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/2007-10-28-voa2.cfm




I have listened the podcast with the title What Is Your Favorite Song About Autumn? Favorite songs about autumn are the main point of this podcast. There was mentioned that songs about autumn may be sad, but, on the other hand, there are hopeful songs about this month of the year too. For example, a song called "October Road"(James Taylor) or "Autumn in New York" (Vernon Duke).I have a great time listening fragments of songs such as "Knickerbocker Holiday" (Frank Sinatra) or "Wake Me Up When September Ends" (Green Day).Most of all I liked song called "Autumn leaves"(Eva Cassidy). It was really enjoyable, interesting and easy understandable podcast. I think it was so, because it was designed for people whose native language is not English and the rate of speaking was slow. The speaker‘s accent was British and pronunciation was very good and clear. Therefore, it was enough this podcast listened once for me and it was unnecessary to use a dictionary. However, than the level is superior, I need to listen to podcast more than once. It‘s hard for me to understand authentic speech. In my opinion, I need a lot of practice if I want to do the best at my exam. I think, if I want to improve my listening skills I must watch more English films on TV, listening more English news on radio, talk through the Internet in English with foreigners. Also, I can speak in English with my friends. Moreover, I can read English books, newspapers and so on. There are many ways of learning English. And only on us depend which way we will choose.

No comments: